We are looking for an Events Coordinator to work 35 hours a week, to join our unique team that has a friendly and supportive culture. You will be working under our Head of Sales and Events to manage venue bookings for external events from point of confirmation to post-event, including managing the venue and any internal staff on the event day. You must be exceptionally organised and able to prioritise and manage your time effectively between a large volume of clients and have a great eye for detail. You will be a good communicator who thrives working in a fast paced environment with excellent people skills. Events experience is desirable, administration and organisation experience is essential.
Pay starts from £24000 per annum depending on experience.
The venue is an active and thriving church in central London. Consequently, this role has an Occupational Requirement for applicants to be a practising Christian, as permitted under Schedule 9, Part 1, of the Equality Act 2010.
About St Mary’s
St Mary’s is a charismatic Anglican Church based in Marylebone, W1. As well as a functioning church it is also a thriving Grade I listed events venue and hosts on average one event a week. Event types vary from conferences, to fashion shows, to wine tastings to product launches.
To provide organisational and administrative support for venue operations, predominantly event management.
35 hours, 5 days a week, flexible hours from home and office. Due to the nature of the work, attendance at events outside office hours is needed for which time off in lieu is given
20 days paid holiday pro rata, bank holidays and the office is closed between Christmas and New Year.
Charlotte Anderson (line manager) and, as with all other staff, Sally Watson (Director of Operations) and John Peters (Rector)
The staff team
- Liaising with clients in the run up to events to ascertain and action their needs and ensure venue regulations are adhered to.
- Managing the venue at live events
Booking and briefing staff for events including duty managers.
- Conducting venue tours with existing and on occasion prospective clients.
- Progressing all clients through the project management workflow.
- Creating and issuing new contracts and invoices.
- Ensuring all invoices and contracts are received in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Head of Sales and Events with additional administrative tasks, including sales during busy periods.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
Good time management.
- Strong communication, both written and oral.
- Excellent problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Commercially minded.
- Good customer service skills.
How to apply
Applications in writing with a current CV and cover letter to Sally Watson:
Or apply on LinkedIn here.